Nick Adamy is a Managing Director and the President of Adamy Valuation. He has extensive experience providing valuation, financial advisory, and expert witness services to private and public companies, business owners, corporate finance executives, investors, trustees, and attorneys for a variety of purposes.
He has advised clients on transactions and cases involving mergers & acquisitions, shareholder stock purchases, initial public offerings, leveraged buyouts, shareholder litigation, estate and gifting, divorce, commercial litigation, and employee stock ownership plans. He has worked with companies ranging in size from under $5 million in revenues to over $4 billion across a broad swath of industries.
Prior to joining the firm, Nick was a Vice President in the Corporate Financial Advisory and Investment Banking practice of Duff & Phelps, LLC. He spent the early part of his career in the auto industry in engineering and strategic planning roles with a Tier 1 automotive supplier.
Nick is a firm believer in the importance of community. He is actively engaged in the local community as well as the national ESOP and valuation communities through a variety of volunteer and leadership roles.
- MBA, University of Michigan Ross School of Business, graduated with Distinction
- BSE, University of Michigan College of Engineering
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA)
- American Society of Appraisers – Accredited Senior Appraiser
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), Western Michigan Chapter – Past Board Member and Past President
- ACG Western Michigan – ACG Cup Committee Member and Past Chair
- The ESOP Association – Member
- Family Business Alliance – Corporate member, Next Generation Peer Group Member
- Leadership Grand Rapids – Graduate
- National Center for Employee Ownership – Member
- Ohio Employee Ownership Center – Corporate Member & Sponsor
- University of Michigan Ross School of Business Grand Rapids Alumni Club – Past President
- University of Michigan Center for Entrepreneurship – Grand Rapids Advisory Council Member
OUTSIDE OF WORK
Outside of work, Nick enjoys cooking delicious food for people he loves, lifting heavy things, and exploring the world with his wife and children.
Nick’s favorite of Adamy’s core values is intellectual curiosity. He has an insatiable desire to understand: Why are things the way they are? What motivates people to do what they do? How does this thing work?