Chuck King is a Director at Adamy Valuation. He has significant experience providing valuation, general consulting, and financial advisory services to companies, business owners, attorneys and financial advisors for mergers and acquisitions, gift and estate tax planning, ownership transfers, buy/sell transactions, charitable donations, and general succession planning. Chuck has extensive valuation experience related to fair value for financial reporting under FASB reporting guidelines.
Chuck has performed valuations in private and public companies ranging in size from under $1 million in revenue to over $1 billion. He has extensive experience in the retail and restaurant, distribution and transportation, craft brewery, automotive, manufacturing, real estate, business and professional services, construction, health care industries and more.
Prior to joining Adamy Valuation, Chuck spent over seven years managing business valuations in the Elliott Davis FVLS practice out of Charlotte, NC. Prior to his consulting career, Chuck performed a variety of auditing services for clients including external audits of financial institutions, manufacturers and distributors, general contractors and subcontractors, employee benefit plans, and non-for-profits.
He graduated from Clemson University with his B.A. Degree in Accounting and a minor in Finance. He also obtained his Masters of Accountancy Degree from Clemson University. Chuck earned his Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation in January 2015 and his Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) designation in March 2016. He is currently a candidate for the Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) credential.
EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS AND SPECIAL TRAINING
- B.A., Accounting, Clemson University, 2012
- Masters of Accountancy, Clemson University, 2013
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) Candidate
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- American Society of Appraisers – Director. 2023 – Present
- Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte – Young Professionals Society, 2015 – 2019
- Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte – House Operations Volunteer. 2015 – 2020
- NCACPA Young CPA Cabinet Member, 2016 – 2019
- Exit Planning Institute West Michigan Chapter Member, 2022 – Present
- The Art of Valuation