Chuck King is a Director at Adamy Valuation. He has significant experience providing valuation, general consulting, and financial advisory services to companies and business owners for gift and estate tax planning, ownership transfers, buy/sell transactions, charitable donations, mergers and acquisitions, and general succession planning. He also has significant valuation experience related to fair value for financial reporting and complex capital structures.
Chuck has performed valuations in private and public companies ranging in size from under $1 million in revenue to over $1 billion. He has extensive experience in the retail and restaurant, distribution and transportation, craft brewery, automotive, manufacturing, financial institutions, real estate, business and professional services, construction, health care industries and more.
Prior to joining the firm, Chuck spent over six years managing business valuations in the Elliott Davis Forensics, Valuation, and Litigation Support practice out of Charlotte, NC. Prior to his consulting career, Chuck performed a variety of auditing services for clients including external audits of financial institutions, manufacturers and distributors, general contractors and subcontractors, employee benefit plans, and non-for-profits.
He graduated from Clemson University with his B.A. Degree in Accounting and a minor in Finance. He also obtained his Masters of Accountancy Degree from Clemson University. Chuck earned his Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation in January 2015 and his Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) designation in March 2016. He is currently a candidate for the Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) credential.
Chuck loves to go on adventures and spend time outdoors with his wife and twin boys. You can usually find them walking the local parks, hiking, fishing or camping somewhere in Michigan. He has a passion for seeing new places and finding new craft breweries along the way.
EDUCATION, CREDENTIALS AND SPECIAL TRAINING
- B.A., Accounting, Clemson University, 2012
- Minor, Finance, Clemson University, 2012
- Masters of Accountancy, Clemson University, 2013
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) Candidate
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- American Society of Appraisers
- Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte – Young Professionals Society, 2015 – 2019
- Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte – House Operations Volunteer. 2015 – 2020
- NCACPA Young CPA Cabinet Member, 2016 – 2019