We are seeking a Manager of Business Valuation to head our Traverse City, Michigan office and lead business valuation projects for clients in a variety of industries. This individual will succeed our current Director in Traverse City who will act as a mentor during his transition to retirement. You will be working with senior valuation professionals who will provide you with the skills to manage valuation projects with a group of professional, intellectually curious, and ambitious valuation analysts. In addition, you will have the opportunity to leverage our brand, resources, and contacts to build from our existing network of clients and referral sources in Traverse City and across Michigan.
For the right person, this is a rare opportunity to be part of a leading firm in a dynamic field. You will join an ambitious team and have an integral role in building a leading institution and executing our long-term growth strategy.
We offer competitive base compensation and a generous benefits package, including comprehensive health, dental, and flexible spending plans, company-paid life and disability plans, 401k match, and a generous vacation policy. You will also participate in our incentive bonus plans, which incorporate both discretionary and origination-based components.
- Build and maintain relationships with attorneys, CPAs, wealth advisors, other advisory professionals, community partners, and centers of influence in the Northern Michigan market.
- Quote new projects, create engagement letters and document request lists, and follow up as necessary.
- Meet revenue generation targets developed annually based on the stage of your career. Participate in our bonus program based in part on revenue generation.
- Following an initial training period, manage and oversee valuation projects from start to finish, including initial client communication, document collection, management interviews, valuation analysis, written valuation reports, client draft meetings, and client billing.
- Work collaboratively with analysts to deliver premium work products with a high level of service.
- Learn and fully understand our business processes; offer opportunities to enhance and improve the effectiveness of our processes, financial models, and reports, as appropriate.
Internal Firm Role
- Contribute to the firm’s thought leadership.
- Train and develop analysts.
- Maintain positive and constructive relationships with our team members.
- Contribute to internal projects and functions.
About Adamy Valuation
Adamy Valuation is based in Grand Rapids, Michigan with a strategic partnership in Lansing, a new Chicago office, and a presence in Traverse City. The firm will open a Traverse City office in conjunction with the addition of this position. Adamy works with middle market and lower middle market companies across the nation and in Canada. We provide independent business valuation services to attorneys, trustees, executives, and business owners for a variety of purposes.
- Management style that promotes autonomy and encourages project ownership by analysts
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in a related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of management/supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop new business and a productive referral network
- Effective and professional, communication skills – verbal, written, and listening
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive work ethic
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Professional presence
- Prior business valuation experience not required
Up to 30% travel required.